Trying chocolate sweets made with Italian style is the icing on the cake that everyone cannot enjoy. We may not find an authentic Italian restaurant everywhere but recipes to cook in Italian style are easily available. The rich creamy chocolate flavors from Italian cuisine instantly excites our taste buds and triggers an adrenaline rush. There is no need to depend on expensive restaurants if you have some cooking skills and a good recipe to follow. Most of the chocolate recipes are easy to prepare because they require a minimum ingredients list and the procedure is also simple. After testing some popular flavors, here we come with two mouthwatering recipes that you cannot resist.
Italian hot chocolate
The rich, creamy and chocolate drink is the favorite of every age group whether you are preparing for kids for adults. Just follow our recipe to know how to get a consistent texture in your hot chocolate drink.
- Chopped Italian dark chocolate 5 ounces
- Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 2 ½ teaspoons
- Milk 1 cup
- Cornstarch 1 teaspoon
Directions to prepare
Total time:- 25 minutes
Total servings:- 2
Approximate calories:- 450 Kcal
- Take a small bowl and add cornstarch and ¼th cup of milk in it. Use a whisk to beat this mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Take a medium-size bowl, add cocoa powder, sugar and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining milk in a medium-size pot until it starts boiling. Now, add the mixture of milk and cornstarch followed by cocoa powder slowly.
- During this whisking process, pour your chocolate chocolates and keep on stirring for the next 2 or 3 minutes.
- Yeah! the chocolate drink is ready to serve hot.
Here we are not talking about the chocolate truffle cake but rich and creamy truffle balls. The secret behind its awesome taste is chocolate Liqueur!. We will let you know how to make use of the mentioned ingredients in a sophisticated way to prepare the best truffles like Baci Italian chocolate.
- Chopped dark chocolate 6.2 ounces
- Softened unsalted butter ½ tablespoon
- Chocolate liqueur 3 tablespoons
- Heavy whipping cream 3 tablespoons
- Chopped dark chocolate 4.5 ounces
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Toppings to sprinkle (icing sugar, dry fruits or any other flavor you want)
Directions to prepare
Total time:- 2 hours
Total servings:- 20
Approximate calories:- 88
- Take a medium-size bowl, add chocolate, butter and whipped cream.
- Boil water in a large skillet and place your bowl over it. Make sure that your bowl is not touching the bottom. Stir the mixture until you get a smooth texture.
- Once it is mixed properly, allow to cool down at room temperature. Pour the chocolate liqueur over it and whisk properly.
- Cover the mixture with a plastic wrap and keep it inside the refrigerator for the next 2 hours.
- It will set properly and you can use ice cream scoops or teaspoons to make small balls.
- After making balls, refrigerate them again for around 30 minutes. Your Italian chocolate truffles are ready to serve.
- In a medium-sized ball, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir the mixture properly to get a thick texture.
- Dip the chocolate balls in this melted chocolate concentrate and place it on a parchment paper-lined sheet.
- sprinkle the topping material of your choice and again refrigerate it for the next 30 minutes.
Important tips to consider
- Make sure that your butter is soft and enough to mix with other ingredients.
- Don’t use excess topping material because it can ruin the original chocolate flavor.
- Search dark Italian chocolates online from native sellers if you want an authentic taste.
These are some easy to follow recipes you can try at home without requiring any special equipment or expertise in cooking.