Halwa is quite popular and loved by everyone,irrespective of what age we are at. Several varieties of halwaare available throughout India. The three most famous halwa recipes are given below.And by using condensed milk products,you can make themquicker, healthier and tastier.
- Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
This is one of the several kinds of halwa that are popular in India. Here is aquick and easy moong dal halwa recipe you can prepare at home.
- Moong Dal (dhuli) 1 cup (150 gms)
- Nestlé MILKMAID 1 tin /(200g)
- NESTLÉ a+ Nourish Milk 3 cups (450 ml)
- Nestlé Ghee 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Pistachios 2 tbsp
- Almonds 2 tbsp
- Raisins 2 tbsp
How to make moongdaalhalwa
- Clean the moong dal and soak it for half an hour. Drain off the water and grind it to form a thick paste.
- Take Nestlé ghee and heat it in a pan. Fry the dal by stirring continuously till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Now, add NESTLÉ a+ NourishMilk. Cook on a low flame. Make sure you stir it continuously till the milk dries. Add Nestlé Stir continuously till you find the halwa leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder to the halwa and mix it well. Serve the halwa in the bowl. Decorate it using pistachios, almonds and raisins.
Other famous and loved halwa recipes are
Carrot is one of the healthiest and easily available vegetables in the market. One can makea delicious and famous dessert – GajarkaHalwa by following a few simple steps.
- 2 cups of milk
- 5 teaspoon ghee
- 500 grams fresh carrot
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- Chopped nuts
Procedure to make carrot halwa
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Next, grate them using a hand grater.
- After that, add ghee on a panand heat it.
- Then add the grated carrots in the ghee and stir for a few minutes. Next, pour milk and leave it for 5-8 minutes to cook.After that,add sugar and stir until it gets the thickness you desire.
- Finally, add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Semolina halwa recipe
Semolina halwa isthe most frequently served Indian dessert.
- 1 cup of semolina
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of ghee
- 2 cups ofNESTLÉ Milkmaid
- Chopped nuts
Procedure to make Semolina Halwa
- Take a pan and put it on a medium flame. Add ghee and semolina and stir until you can smell sweet aroma.
- Pour the Nestlé MILKMAIDinto the semolina gradually and stir slowly.
- Once the mixture thickens,add sugar and mix well.
- Cook until the moisture is evaporated. Then add cardamom powder and chopped nuts. Put off the flame and serve on a plate.
Hope these halwa recipes can make dessert cooking easier for you.