Gulab Jamuns rule the hearts of Indians like no other traditional sweet. Gulab Jamuns are juicy and sweet milk-based round brown balls that are fried in cow ghee and drenched in sweet syrup. They can be easily spotted at weddings, pujas, restaurant buffets, and many other events. Gulab Jamun is so commonly found yet so widely loved that it has gained an unspoken classic Indian sweet status all around.
Interestingly, while Gulab Jamun originated in India, it is also popular in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, and Myanmar. In fact, Gulab Jamun is the national sweet of Pakistan too! Such is the love south-east Asians have for this delectable sweet. One of the best parts about this dish is that it can be served hot or cold!
However, recreating this magic in your kitchen can be a daunting task as a Gulab jamun recipe contains 2-3 parts to it. But this can be made easy by using a Gulab jamun mix, AASHIRVAAD Gulab Jamun Instant Mix. Follow this simple Gulab Jamun recipe to master the art of making this sweet!
- Time: 40 minutes
- Serves 4-5
- 1 Pack of AASHIRVAAD Gulab Jamun Instant Mix
- 2 Cup AASHIRVAAD Svasti Pure Cow Ghee
- Take a vessel and fill it up 50% water
- Once the water boils, add sugar and stir continuously till a sugar syrup with one string consistency
- In another bowl, empty the contents of the AASHIRVAAD Gulab Jamun Instant Mix
- Add a mixture of milk and water to this powder and make a dough out of the same
- Set it aside for 10 mins and then proceed to knead it again
- Take small chunks of dough and roll them into balls that look like the size of normal gulab jamuns
- Take a vessel and heat AASHIRVAAD Svasti Pure Cow Ghee
- Fry the dough balls in hot ghee until all the balls are fried
- Then proceed to dip the balls in the sugar syrup and enjoy!
Things to note:
- Make sure you take enough ghee or oil in a vessel to fully fry the balls
- Do not take the balls out till they turn brown
- Do not make the dough extremely loose or watery and keep it tight as it will be fried
Without using a great instant mix like AASHIRVAAD Gulab Jamun Instant Mix, this dish would have taken longer to make and would have required more ingredients. However, some essential ingredients like Milk Solids, Maida, Raising Agents etc are packed with every AASHIRVAAD Gulab Jamun Instant Mix which makes it convenient to make Gulab Jamuns in a jiffy.