Whole Wheat Barfi is a traditional Indian delicacy that is also known as “Atte ki Barfi” or “Wheat Barfi”. As the name suggests, this sweet recipe is made with whole wheat flour. Whole Wheat Barfi has a soft, crumbly and fudge-like texture. When prepared correctly, Whole Wheat Barfi simply melts in the mouth. It is one of the most common sweet recipes that are prepared during festivals and other auspicious occasions in Indian homes. Whole Wheat Barfi is also an excellent sweet treat that can be enjoyed as a dessert.
This festive season, you can easily depend on our easy Whole Wheat Barfi recipe to greet your loved ones with something sweet and spread the joy around. This recipe is made with simple yet high quality ingredients such as AASHIRVAAD Atta, Jaggery and AASHIRVAAD Svasti Pure Cow Ghee. Jaggery is a healthier alternative to refined sugar, and adds a more unique and rich flavour to this sweet recipe. AASHIRVAAD Svasti
You can prepare a batch of fresh Whole Wheat Barfi for your loved ones within minutes. Homemade sweet recipes are more wholesome since they are prepared with love. Another advantage of preparing homemade sweets like Whole Wheat Barfi is having control over the hygiene and quality of ingredients.
Treat your family and friends to some delicious homemade Whole Wheat Barfi this festive season. Garnish with their favourite dry fruits and nuts such as cashews, almonds, pistachios or raisins to make this sweet recipe even yummier.
Whole Wheat Barfi Recipe made with AASHIRVAAD Atta Information
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2 Servings
Whole Wheat Barfi Recipe made with AASHIRVAAD Atta Ingredients
- AASHIRVAAD Atta – ½ cup
- Jaggery – ½ cup
- AASHIRVAAD Svasti Pure Cow Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
- Nuts to garnish
How to make Whole Wheat Barfi Recipe made with AASHIRVAAD Atta?
- In a pan heat AAASHIRVAAD Svasti Pure Cow Ghee. Once it is melted add in the AASHIRVAAD Atta and roast on a low flame until the colour changes to golden and you will get a nice aroma.
- Next, add in the cardamom powder and the Jaggery. Mix well. Cook till the jaggery melts and blends well with the AASHIRVAAD Atta.
- Keep a tray or plate greased with AAASHIRVAAD Svasti Pure Cow Ghee ready. Now transfer the roasted AASHIRVAAD Atta, jaggery and ghee mixture to the greased plate and level it.
- While it is still hot, draw lines to shape it into barfi’s and garnish with any nuts of your choice like cashews, almonds or pistachios. You can also use raisins for garnish. Once your Whole Wheat Barfi cools down you can cut it into pieces.